Wednesday, 8 August 2007

It's Been A Long Time...

Gotta give a quick apology to all of my readers (I know there are at least 6 of y'all out there...) for not posting anything in a long-ass time.

As it is, you're gonna have to wait a little longer. I've recently found myself a job, and it's taking up nearly all of my free time. I really miss those days earlier on in the summer when I could dedicate my time the blog, and so it has come to this. Hopefully if all goes to plan, I'll have a proper post by the weekend, fingers crossed.
In the meantime, I suggest you check some of the blogs that have been linked (to the right), and not miss me too much. Trav at WYDU respectively always some some good reads, along with an interesting discussion going on in the cBox about Blue Scholars' true status in hip hop today. Also, shout outs go to my man Kazeiro (or Sebaz) at Rap Dungeon, who's taken the discog game to a whole notha level. This time, it's the Ace a Masta, and he needs some of your help.
I must say, it's been a while since they've been gone, but I really miss HHB and Bossplayer. I mean I could survive without one of them, but with both of them gone, I don't know where I'm gonna get my shit from. Those sites gave me so much good music, I will eternally be in their debt. I've checked out some of the newcomers, but it doesn't quite feel the same. If anybody has any news on the sites, lemme know!
Meanwhile, straight of left field, I've discovered that matching up ties to shirts is difficult enough to do for yourself, but nearly impossible to do for someone else. However the gay guys at my work place find it shockingly easy. Go figure... Some other thoughts that have crossed my mind these past few weeks include...
Some parents need to understand that they ain't 18 anymore
Some kids need to have their ass kicked to show they can't always get their way
Learning is the single most important thing in the world, no matter how useless the information is
When meeting mates after a long absence, fuck the club and just drive round randomly catching up on times
Reading is a beautiful thing
Invest in a good pair of shoes
The Premiership starts next week!
Style cannot be bought
Asking questions and learning to listen to someone can be one of the most fulfilling things
Some of the coolest people you may meet may be from the other side of the world
Aweh... (to the South African homies)

3 comments:

Travis said...

No doubt, good look for the shout. I really like what you are doing you here. I'm big on blogs with "something to say" and really enjoy reading yours. I hope you keep with it, although I know it takes a shitload amount of time to dedciate to one of these things when done "right".

As far as the Blue Scholars, I guess I was kind of saying that with what is out there to choose from, I like the Blue Scholars. I agree they aren't anything ground breaking or doing anything new, but I like them. I guess maybe I'm just "settling" on the homely looking girl that has a good personality...haha

I'll have some news on HHB, hopefully sometime this week...keep checking out WYDU. Don't want to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

Keep it up man

Mystik Journeyman said...

http://efficiency1.blogspot.com/

This site is a good alternative to HHB/Bossplayer.

Kazeiro said...

Thanks for the shout man, I'll sure I keep visiting while waiting for another update, I always love your texts.

And people make sure you help me out on my Masta Ace collection ;)